Wednesday 24 February 2016

We all have to learn and grow: expanding the products in the Math Lit Shop

The aim of the Math Lit Shop

In the beginning my aim was to support teachers teaching the high school subject Mathematical Literacy. My focus was on providing quality notes and exercises. One of my best sellers was my Grade 12 Mathematical Literacy Spring Book 2015. [For tests and exams in any subject go to http://www.teacher911.co.za/]

I worked on building up quite a lot of resources. All these resources stay in the shop forever, so don’t be scared that you will lose out. All my products are e-products (Word / Excel / PDF / PPT) which can be downloaded after purchase. There also a lot of freebies.

At the end of 2015 I resigned from my favourite school that I am still very passionate about – Rhenish Girls’ High School. That means that I can now (2016) focus my energy on writing new material and filling up my shop.

My own son is turning 5 this year. That, combined with the fact that I heard mothers say that they are clueless about Maths, about what their kids must be able to do and how they can help them – lead to the decision to add “Junior Maths” to my shop. Junior Maths starts at pre-school and goes up to Grade 9.

Is the name “Math Lit Shop” then still relevant? Absolutely. By helping kids with Math we create Mathematically literate children.

Currently I have only created products for pre-school, Grade R and Grade 1. My aim with these products is parent support. The teachers know what Math they have to do and they probably have files full of resources. In the meantime the parent is clueless about what his / her child must be able to do. And they are normally at a loss of how to help their own child. I’ve added “Parent information” at the end of some my products to tell parents how to use that work sheet and how to help his / her child. I have also put the CAPS document for Grade R to 3 Maths in my shop. (CAPS means the syllabus)

Some of the high school Math Lit notes, e.g. percentages, can also be used in Grade 8 and grade 9 Maths. Therefore I will place certain products under two or more headings.

To conclude: the Math Lit Shop will from now on contain Maths work sheets / notes for pre-school to Grade 9 as well as Mathematical Literacy notes and exercises for Grade 10 to 12.

[I haven’t ventured into Grade 10 – 12 Maths yet.]


You can follow us on facebook: Click here to see the Math Lit Shop facebook page
Remember to LIKE the page (if you want to)

You can visit the shop at: www.mathlitshop.com

This is what the Math Lit Shop looks like.
Vir 'n artikel om ouers wie se kinders met Wiskunde sukkel, raad te gee, gaan na: 



No comments:

Post a Comment